Questions we sometimes receive from our bands.
How do I register my act with your agency?
The only way to register your band with us is via the Band Sign Up page.
How do I update my prices?
The only way to update your band price (higher or lower) is via our Bands – Update your prices here page. Please don’t send your price updates via email as this won’t update our database.
Does my calendar have to be a Google calendar?
How do I send you my embedded Google calendar link?
– Sign in to Google Calendar
– Click my calendars drop down arrow (on the left hand side).
– Click the 3 dots next to your calendar name, click settings and sharing
– Under access permissions for events, click make available to public (very important step)
– Scroll down to Integrate calendar and copy the link at Public URL to this calendar
– Copy the link
– Send us that link
*There may be slight variations to instructions if the settings page has changed.
How do I update my listing?
You can send any updates for your performer / band listing via email. Please clearly mark what you’d like removed and replaced. If you are wanting to update audio files, please send the MP3’s by email (not links). If you have more than one listing on our site, please tell us which act you are referring too.
Please note: The onus is on the performer / band to keep their listing up to date in what they think best reflects their current performance.
How do I become a recommended band?
There is a certain criteria a “recommended band” must meet before becoming a recommended band, you can find out more here
Do you book pubs and clubs?
We certainly don’t discriminate in accepting bookings and we’ll book a band into a pub or club if requested, but our main area of expertise is: Corporate Functions, Weddings, Parties and Events.
Why don’t I receive gigs from your agency?
All of our clients do their own shopping for themselves on our website by viewing band photos, listening to demos, reading your bios, watching your videos and going through your song list. It’s quite a competitive market and your listing on our website needs to be top notch to attract attention from our clients. Is your listing as good as your competitors on our band lists?
Are you available emails – I reply to all of your “are you available” emails you send me but I don’t win all of the gigs, do you know why?
Firstly, it’s great that our clients have selected you for a quote. There are a few bands that don’t attract any attention from our clients at all, so at least you’re receiving some interest, that’s a good start.
But why aren’t you winning the gig? It can be a number of factors as follows:
• Most of the time it’s price. Is your price competitive against our other acts? Remember reasonable prices tend to win more gigs.
• Promotional material. Is your band page on our site as good as your competitors? Is the content and quality of your demos, photos, videos and song list as good as your competitors? We are always happy to update your page to help you win more gigs. If you’re making money, we’re making money 🙂
• Please keep in mind that our clients usually select up to 6 bands at once that they want to get a quote on, so you’re not always going to win every gig as our other bands win them also.
• Sometimes the clients may be just time wasters and don’t book with us at all 🙁
How do you quote my band?
We always refer back to your last price update or your initial registration with us where you’ve previously submitted your price/s to us. We then add our fee on top so you always get your asking price.
If the event is at a far away location, we also explain to the client that the performer/s may request travel fees and accommodation. We will then contact you to discuss these possible extra’s before securing the booking
I registered my band with you but it isn’t on the website yet?
We receive a lot of band registrations each week. Sometimes it can take anywhere up to 8 weeks before we get a chance to add your band on our site. Slower months may be quicker.
Do you get a lot of bookings in my area?
We receive many quote requests, enquiries and bookings from all over Australia every day. The quality of your listing and what you’re charging will determine whether you’ll win the gig/s or not 🙂
Do you negotiate for the band?
No, we quote the price that you register with us. If you’re not winning the gigs, it may be worth adjusting your prices and we’ll quote that for all future enquiries.
Where are you based?
We are based in Brisbane but we do make surprise visits to band gigs all over Australia to see them perform live, however you don’t always know we are there… sneaky, sneaky 🙂
Why has my band listing been removed from your website?
It could be any number of reasons: Have you been answering our emails? Have you been rude to us or our clients? If you’re not sure why, ask us directly, we are happy to help 🙂